As it was our last weekend before starting our little challenge we did more eating than training 😉 In an effort to indulge in a moderately healthy way we experimented with a gluten and dairy free crumble, with little added sugar. It actually turned out sufficiently well to get devoured in one sitting!
3 apples (peeled and cored)
Large handful of red currants
Handful of raspberries
Lemon (zest and juice)
teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the topping:
60g ground almonds
30g pumpkin seeds
60g gluten free oats
50g brown sugar
2 tables spoons sunflower oil
This really couldn’t be easier!
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Combine all fruit in a large pan, with lemon juice, zest and cinnamon and simmer on a low heat until soft.
3. Divide fruit mixture into small dishes (we made individual crumbles, but you could just as easily make one large one)
4. Combine all topping ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
5. Spread the topping over the fruit mixture and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the topping is golden and crunchy!
Serve warm with custard or ice-cream and enjoy 🙂